Saturday, February 10

You Old Pilot, You

Transcribed from audio dictation

Okay, I'll get started in a minute as soon as I change lanes. [click-click]. Okay, start recording.

[click-click]

I'm getting a little sick and tired of the insulting [click-click] comments being made about airline pilots being allowed to [click-click] fly until they are age 65. It used to be they had to [click-click] retire when they got to be 60 but now the rules have been changed. [click-click]

Well, all I can say is [click-click] "it's about time."

But now I keep hearing lame [click-click] jokes about pilots who [click-click] go too slow at the fast altitude or demonstrate [click-click] some other driving inadequacy supposedly caused by age. [click-click]

This kind of talk is simple ageism [click-click] at its worst.

[click-click]

[click-click]

[click-click]

Sorry, I zoned out for a minute. [click-click] Now where what I? [click-click]

Oh, yes. [click-click] As a person who will soon turn 60 myself [click-click] I, for one, am glad to know that [click-click] I will still be allowed [click-click] to fly a plane. [click-click] If I knew how to fly a plane.

[click-click]

[click-click]

[click-click]

[click-click]

[click-click]

Hey, bud, quit honking that god damned horn!

[click-click]

No comments: