Thursday, March 8

Dr. DMV

I have a friend who is a doctor in a specialty for which, thankfully, I will never require treatment. We are,therefore, able to discuss medical matters not as physician and possible future patient, but as man to man.

Whenever I mention the need for some kind of national health care system, my doctor friend replies with this statement: "Sure, we can have the government run health care -- if you want your doctor's office run like the Department of Motor Vehicles."

Well, of course, no one wants their doctor's office to resemble, in any way, the DMV.

I mean, then you'd have to wait unbelievable periods of time before being seen by anyone who could do anything for you.

Wait, is that the doctor's office or the DMV we're talking about?

Could be either one, I guess.

No comments: