Thursday, May 12

Too young, Too old

Throughout my life I've played a little game with myself that I call "Too Young, Too Old". As I reach a certain age I list the things I'm too young for and the things I'm too old for.

It used to be there were many, many things I was too young for:


  • At 12 I was too young to grow sideburns.

  • At 17 I was too young to vote

  • At 20 I was too young to buy beer

  • At 24 I was too young to rent a car

  • At 34 I was too young to be president


Now there are more and more things I'm too old for. For example a career as a Major League baseball player is pretty much out of the question, although by the looks of it the Yankees still have some interest in us old-timers.

And I can only thing of three things I'm too young for:

  • Medicare

  • Withdrawing from a 401K without substantial penalty.

  • Pope

No comments: